Some worry that the reform proposals are a threat to our democracy. We think there is an opportunity.
Here on 17 February we outlined seven propositions for reform. Click on a link below to see the thinking behind each proposition, and comment. Following the adoption of the 4-point motion at the SGM on 17 May, we measure them against our propositions.
- Co-operative spring: create an open, 21st century culture
- Closer to members: focus on communities
- Regional initiative: allow regions to innovate
- A real say: make voting work for members
- Employee stake: turn employees into partners
- Member capital: welcome member investment
- Clear boundaries: clarify roles and set limits
If you like what we're doing then why not join us and add your name to the campaign? We welcome comments from members, elected members and employees - whatever you think. There's also a short questionnaire asking what you agree with. Or if you've got another idea you'd like to put forward, you can post in the Open Forum - you'll need to register on the site first.
Please share on social media. Hashtag #coopspring